Sunday 30 August 2015

Berlin 2015!

I've been back from Berlin for more than 2 weeks now and I just couldn't have the time or energy to go through the pictures and write a post.



Anywho, Berlin was amazing!
We obviously have seen all tourist things but I love it. We only were there for 2 days which was a shame but alright, now I know I want to go back there again some time.

It was so hot while we were there... It was around 35 degrees Celcius every day, while we were walking around there. Being that temperature we had some more stops for drinks both days which was totally fine by me cause we discovered some nice places there!

We went to Berlin with my mom's boyfriend's car. Which is a cabrio, so since it was also kinda warm in the Netherlands we rode for quite some time with the roof down! After an almost 8 hour drive (this includes stops) we arrived at the hotel. We stayed at the Meininger airport hotel, which is close to one of Berlin's airports. It was a very nice hotel, breakfast wasn't that great though. We weren't very close to the centre of Berlin so we had to take the S-bahn every day.

On our first real day there we went to see the Reichstag first, then we took a little walk through the Tiergarten to the Branderburger Tor. We made a little stop in the Biergarten there to get something to drink. Every time I'm in Germany I'm suprised by the size of the beer glasses. I don't drink beer but well those glasses are HUGE!
After that we decided to walk towards Checkpoint Charlie. On our way there we saw the Berliner Dom and we came past an English bookshop. And obviously we had to get in that bookshop! Which turned out to be so much bigger than we had expected, they also sold music and many other things.
When we finally arrived at Checkpoint Charlie it already had been 7 o'clock. The temperature was a lot nicer than. We took some pictures and my mom and me have seen the museum that is next to the checkpoint. After that we had dinner at this Italian restaurant and we decided to go to this 'beach' club. Which by way was next to a river. It was lovely though and I met a friend I know from high school there!

Day 2 we decided to just walk around Kurfursterdamm a bit. Because I wanted to see the aquarium or the zoo so badly we decided to go there. And I was not disappointed. We only had time to see the aquarium but next time I'm in Berlin I will go to the zoo! After that we decided to walk around a bit more and then had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Frank wanted to see the television tower at Alexanderplatz so we went there. The waiting time to go up the tower was way too long so we decided to have a drink in a restaurant right next to it. Here I had the best iced (sweet) tea I ever had! It was housemade and has all these different fruits in it! It was absolutely lovely!

The day after we already left and every km we were getting closer to the Netherlands the weather got worse and worse.

Berlin was an amazing experience and I loved seeing all those buildings and things I've learned about in my history classes for years in real life! My mom and Frank enjoyed it as well, and they kept asking me whether we would have been in East of West Berlin now and if I could tell something about the buildings we were visiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment