Saturday 1 August 2015

Time to write again!

It's been so busy the last few weeks, I just couldn't find the time or energy to write something here.
So I apologize for that, in case I might actually have some frequent readers!


My summer holiday started on the 23th of July. That was my last day at my kindergarten internship. The last I've been there fulltime and I've enjoyed every second of it!
On Monday we went to a playground with all the kindergarten classes, but because it was raining we had to go back to the school earlier than we had hoped. We ended up watching some movie though, which was nice.
On Tuesday we had to go to the other location of the school to watch the 8th graders perform the goodbye musical... I don't if this is a thing outside of the Netherlands, basically it is the oldest primary school kids (8th grade in the Netherlands, when they are around 11 years old) performing a musical for the other kids and the teachers and parents. As a goodbye to primary school.
This was a big thing because we were with so many kids and we had to get them all safe and sounds to the other location. Oh, and of course it was pouring!
On Wednesday the other location came to ours and we had this big show with all of the classes performing something. It was so fun and the kids did so well!
And there was Thursday... It was hard but also fun. Before saying goodbye to my kids I got to meet the class for next years internship. This is a 7th grade, so the kids are around 10 years old than! It will be so different but it will also be a great challenge and I think this is the age I want to teach when I am a teacher!
So the goodbye part.... The kids gave me this little book thing with a picture of them all and they all wrote their own name on it! I also got a lot of sweets and hugs. The kids were so sad to hear that I would be teaching at the other location next year, but I promised I will visit them!

So the holiday started. I didn't have time to relax though. I've painted the attic, which now is my mom's room. And I painted my mom's old room as well, which now is my room. After all the painting was done new furniture had to be bought. So off we went to the Ikea. 2 times actually, in 2 days, But we couldn't fit everything in the car in one go. So after everything arrived back home, we had to actually put things together! And with a little help of my mom's boyfriend we did! And my room is all finished now!

In 6 days my sister's best friend will arrive in Eindhoven from Lichfield and we are going to spent a few days with her. Then my sister will go to England with her and her family for a week and a half. And my mom, her boyfriend and me will be off to visit Berlin! Which I am very excited about! Berlin has been on my want-to-visit list for so long and there are so many things that I want to see and do there!!

Hopefully I will be able to write another blog before I leave, and if not.... There will definitely be a blog about Berlin!

Love,

Demi


No comments:

Post a Comment