Sunday 14 June 2015

Make-up, make-up, make-up

I believe that all women are pretty without make-up - but with the right make-up can be pretty powerful
- Bobbi Brown

So I have been getting my love for make-up back lately. Not that I am wearing a lot of make-up on a daily basis but I love doing my make-up.

As everyday make-up I usually wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara. And I do my brows. But that's pretty much it, mostly because I am too lazy to get up earlier.

But when I have a party of when I am going to a feis or sometimes even when I am bored I go full out with make-up. I love experimenting with colour combinations.
I don't think I am very good at doing make-up but I get better the more I do it and I've got some lovely friends who give me advice.

So for now I am just going to show 2 looks I did recently and I will tell you guys how I created the looks. (They are also on my Instagram: DemivdBerk)

So this is the first look. It's a blue/silver look and someone decided to call it Elsa make-up. Anywho, since I don't have a big budget (poor college student over here) I use cheap make-up most of the time. I started with my foundation (Catrice Matt foundation 010 Light Beige). I apply that all over my face and neck. Then I go in with my concealer (MAC studio fix in a very light colour). I then take a translucent powder and apply that all over my face. For that I use Essence All About Matt powder. At last I apply some bronzer and blush. I always do my eyebrows before I do my eyeshadows. For my eyebrows I use Catrice Eyebrowpowder in a dark brown/black colour. When I have my own hair colour I use Fab Brow browpowder in a light brown. So eyeshadow... I recently bought these colours so I had to try them. For the blue I used Essence Metal Glam in the colours 10 Sugar Mint Candy (which is a mint colour) and 01 Jewel Up In The Ocean (a blue colour). I started with the blue one and applied the mint one over it. For the grey I used a palette eyeshadow. It was a very cheap palette and I can't remember where I bought it but the eyeshadows in it are fantastic. I applied the grey to about 1/3 of my lid and the blue on the other 2/3. For the eyeliner I used a Essence eyeliner in a blue colour. At last I applied 4 different types of mascara to create the look I wanted.




Look 2:
For look 2 I used the same foundation. For this look I used the Essence Metal Glam eyeshadow in the colour 10 Sugar Mint Candy. And a black glitter eyeshadow, also from Essence. I applied the mint eyeshadow to a bit more than 2/3 of my eyelid and applied the black to 1/3. I used a smokey eye brush to blend these colours a bit although that wasn't really necessary. I used a black eyeliner and finished off with the same 4 mascaras as the look before this. For my lips I used a purple lipstick I got from a market somewhere.

Because I was bored I decided to put on my dancing wig as well! I loved how it looked all together so I uploaded a photo of the complete look as well. When I get back to competing I will definitely use this look as my new feis look (if the teacher approves obvs). 

So, well, thank you for putting up with me! And for reading this post! If anyone has some request (about make-up or anything you would like to see on the blog) please send me a message!

Love,
Demi

No comments:

Post a Comment